Videos + Articles
More than 100 videos were produced to complement Reporting the Revolutionary War by providing additional background on American Revolution battles and events, including the role and significance of colonial newspapers. With the exception of the book trailer and its extended educational version, the videos are all filmed as interviews with some of the book’s historian contributors, many of whom are history professors and authors of well-respected volumes on the era.
Currently, about three dozen videos which primarily focus on colonial newspapers, are available on the RagLinen YouTube Channel. Readers of the enhanced ebook edition will have exclusive access to dozens of additional footage that covers a much broader subject matter related to the American Revolution.
In addition to the videos, below are links to several helpful articles and resources:
- History of Printed News (RagLinen.com)
- Historical Circulations of Newspapers (RagLinen.com)
- Colonial Newspapers: Works of Art (RagLinen.com)
- Social Media of the American Revolutionary War (Huffington Post)
- Breaking Bloody News of the American Revolution, 1775 (Huffington Post)
- How Plagiarism Made America (Huffington Post — also see discussion in The Atlantic)
- Paper Conservation: Saving Historic Newspapers from Loss (RagLinen.com)
- The White Glove Myth (RagLinen.com)